BOOKS & VIDEOS
Africa Betrayed Africa In Chaos Africa Unchained Defeating Dictators Indigenous African Institutions Foreign Affairs Book Review
- “Can Foreign Aid Reduce Poverty?” Chapter 3 in Controversies in Globalization. Ed.Peter M. Haas, John A. Hird, and Beth McBratney. Washington, DC: CQ Press, 2009.
- “The African Development Conundrum,” Chapter 6 in Making Poor Nations Rich: Entrepreneurship and the Process of Economic Development. Ed. Benjamin Powell, The Independent Institute. Stanford: Stanford University Press, 2008.
- “The Economic Impact of Africa’s Conflicts,” Chapter 4 in Conflict Resolution and Peace Education in Africa, Boulder, CO: Lexington Books, August 2004.
- “Why Structural Adjustment Failed in Africa.” Chapter 10 in Contemporary Economic Issues in Developing Countries,” eds. John Baffoe-Bonnie and Mohammed Khayum. Westport, CT: Praeger, 2003.
- “Economic Transformation and Governance in Africa: Strategies for Recovery, Growth and Development.” Chapter 4 in The Transition to Democratic Governance in Africa: The Continuing Struggle, eds. John Mukum Mbaku and Julius Omozuanvbo Ihonvbere. Westport, CT: Praeger, 2003.
- “Are Africa’s Leaders Responsible for the Continent’s Current Problems?” Issue 15 in Taking Sides, Clashing Views on Controversial Issues in World History, Volume II. Guilford, CT: Dushkin, 2002.
- “Why Africa Is Poor,” Sustainable Development: Promoting Progress or Perpetuating Poverty? London: Profile Books, 2002.
- “Anatomy of Misery: How did Sudan implode so catastrophically?” Review of Sudan, Darfur and the Failure of an African State by Richard Cockett. New Haven: Yale University Press, 2010 in The Wall Street Journal, Aug 12, 2010.
- Review of The Fate of Africa by Martin Meredith. New York: Public Affairs, 2005. Review published in The Washington Examiner, Sept 5, 2005; p.17.
- Aid and Reform in Africa: Lessons from Ten Case Studies. Edited by Shantayanan Devarajan, David R. Dollar, and Torgny Holmgren. Washington, D.C.: World Bank, 2001. Review published in Journal of Economic Literature, Vol. XLI, March 2003; pp.248-49.
- The African People in the Global Village: An Introduction to Pan-African Studies, by John K. Marah.
- Lanham, MD: University Press of America, 1998. Review published in Journal of World History, Vol. 12, Number 1; Spring 2001; pp.220-222
- “From Anti-Slavery Movement To Colonialism,” Review of Abolitionists Abroad: American Blacks and The
- Making of Modern West Africa by Lamin Sanneh. Published in The Washington Times Aug 27, 2000; p.B7.
- Speech to International Sudents for Liberty, Grand Hyatt, Washington, DC, Feb 15, 2014.
- At The Africa Media Leadership Forum (AMLF), Dakar, Senegal, Nov 2012 and the Cameroon Minister of Communication Reaction
- “Beware of the dragon: Africa should not look to China” at this IQ2 debate at Cadogan Hall in London, November 2011.
- Defeating Dictators: Fighting Tyranny in Africa and Around the World on CSPAN, Oct 29, 2011.
- ESAT on Defeating Dictators Ethiopian Satellite TV (Nov 2011)
- “Africa’s Cheetahs Versus Hippos“, George Ayittey, Ted Conference, June 2007.